The International Volunteershouse in Dortmund is a place of intercultural and transcultural life and learning. It opened in April 2018 to give young people from the Global North and the Global South the opportunity to develop new forms of cooperation. Volunteers from six different countries live together in the volunteer house.
The project was initiated by the Department of Ecumenism in the Evangelical Church of Dortmund. The Evangelical Church of Dortmund and the Evangelical Church of Westphalia (EKVW) are financing the Volunteershouse. Volunteers from the Global South come to Germany via various weltwärts host organizations (German-Indian Cooperation e.V., United Evangelical Mission).
Almost from the beginning we started blogging. Writing this blog is an expression of our feelings, emotions and experiences. The blog will include various inspirational stories, documentaries, polls, art, culture and whatever!
Here we note what we experience during our volunteer service in Dortmund and our life in the volunteer house.
We are sure that we will experience the different tastes and the essence of the German culture and way of life, and we are looking forward to blogging.
You may be curious.
Stay tuned and join us during our volunteer service.
Currently living in the volunteershouse:
- Helen from India
- Nisha from Sri Lanka
- Isaac from Ruanda
- Phaskal from Indonesia
- Roselva from Indonesia
For some of us the time in the volunteershouse unfortunately ended. Nice that you were there! We will not forget you and your talents.
- Max (21) from France talents include dancing, cooking and animation
- Timea (21) from Serbia, loves junk food and singing
- Camilla (21) football queen from Germany
- Nele (23) from Germany, loves to travel, enjoys to learn languages and watches almost every Tatort (crime series) even the bad ones.
- Louise (26) Organizational talent from Cameroon
- Hannah (22) from India talents include writing, drawing and presentation
- Gentille (26) from DR Congo talents include learning German, singing and jogging and loves theater.
- Rachel(23) from Hong Kong loves hot chocolate, reading, movies and playing guitar.
- Dika (23) from Indonesia loves drawing, hiking and cycling.
- Josephat (25) from writing talent from Tanzania
- Carol(20) from India talents includes singing and sketching
- Jenny (26) from Germany talents includes creating small things, stitching/ sewing, puzzling, gardening, board games.
- Louis Purba from Indonesia loves flea markets
- Abdoulaye(22) from Senegal talents includes Sports, jogging, football, meeting friends and cooking
- Adelia (22) from Indonesia loves to play piano and reading books
- Espérance from the Demokratic Republic of Congo loves to sing
- Georges from the Democratic Republik of Congo loves to play foodball
- Marc (21) from Argentinia, loves to meet friends, traveling and listening to music
- Daniel (26) from Zambia loves to cook
- Frida (24) from the Democratic Republic of Congo loves to sing